New Trader Joe's Sweets

It's no secret that I love food, especially cheese. I often joke and say "It's the food I work for at Trader Joe's, not the money." 

Here's my report about a few things I have done "research" on, and how I felt about them. I have provided photos, so you can show TJ's employees what you're looking for. You have no idea how much easier photos will make your search. 

1. Meet the Sea Salt Chocolate Chunk Cookies. These have been sold in other regions, over the last two years. Sales were successful, so they made their debut in Texas in September. A bag of 3 cookies is $3.99 and these treats are also available in a Gluten Free version, along with Gluten Free Coconut Oatmeal with Raisins. The GF options are $4.49. 
These cookies have a crispy outer edge and a soft and chewy interior, loaded with semisweet chocolate chunks and just the right amount of sea salt and brown sugar. I think they'd be spectacular to make an ice cream sandwich using Trader Joe's French Vanilla Ice Cream. Makes a thoughtful little gift to give to a friend or coworker, or a good stocking stuffer at Christmas. 5 stars

2. The Caramel Apple Mochi was a new Fall product this year. I love these little things. They're individually wrapped, which would be cool for Halloween parties, and I prefer consuming less plastic. The box of 6 is $4.79. The ice cream is more apple than caramel, but the caramel is not overly sweet. Love at first bite. These are kosher and gluten free. They're a seasonal item, so hurry and try yours before they're gone for 2022. 5 stars

3. Another brand new Fall treat is the Pumpkin Spice Joe Joe's. The box contains a sleeve of cookies that would add a pop of Autumn Color and sweetness to a charcuterie board or you can throw two or three in a blender with vanilla ice cream to whirl into a milkshake. These are a little sweeter than I expected, so I have about 2 at a time, rather than binging on the entire box. Each cookie is a pumpkin Joe Joe, covered in a pumpkin spice yogurt and few sea salt sprinkles on top. A little too sweet for me. 3.5 stars

4. The premiere of Cinnamon Roll Drizzled Granola is an outstanding addition to the Fall lineup! It can be eaten right out of the bag as a tasty snack, used as a topping ice cream, layered into a yogurt parfait, or served in a bowl of milk as breakfast. This is a winner at only $3.99. it's so good you will want every last crumb, so I won't judge you if you pour the remaining little pieces from the bag right into your mouth! I certainly hope this seasonal item returns next year. It's got a higher sugar content than I should eat, so it's not for every day eating. 4.5 stars 

5. The Gluten Free Cookies and Cream Granola is clusters of toasted rolled oats, puffy rice crisps, cane sugar, cocoa, and bits of Joe Joe's chocolate and vanilla cream cookies. This 12 oz. bag is $3.69, and all the suggestions I mentioned above for the Cinnamon Roll Drizzled Granola can, and should be tried, with this granola. 4 stars


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Ready to Crumbl

Chiller Bee Frozen Yogurt